The project aims to reduce GBV and improve the well-being of 34,155 women, men, girls, and boys in Rajpur and Chandrapur Municipality of Rautahat district. This will be achieved through improving the economic empowerment of 1000 GBV survivors or at-risk women and girl, building the capacity of the service providers and Local Government (Judicial Committee, Police Office (OCMC), Increasing awareness on GBV Prevention and available services among 34,155 People through the engagement of 3750 individuals including women, girls, faith leaders, champion of changes and youth.
Project Objective: To provide supportive, protective and caring environment for orphans and address the issues of increased early marriage incidences and hazardous forms of child labour.
Project Duration: August 2023 to May 2026
Funding Partner: Islamic Relief Canada
Technical Partner: Islamic Relief Nepal
Project Areas: Rajpur & Chandrapur Municipality
- Identification and assessment of 700 Rights holder’s who are GBV Survivor or at-risk women/girls who are supported with IGA Support.
- 400 drop out or at risk of drop out children are supported with Stationery and School dress Support .
- children enrolled into formal education.
- 74 community networks (Child Club, SHGs, SSGs, women group) formed/reactivated with functional alert systems that works as a watch dog in their communities.
- Altogether 105 awareness campaign on GBV like child marriage, child labour, violence against girls and women among vulnerable communities to increase awareness in the target municipalities.
- Twenty-four Community Learning Centre are established and are being operating to strengthen the protection child mechanism in communities through conduction of various levels of sessions to adolescent girls in target area.
- In total 2,574 Rights holders are benefited directly or indirectly from the project.