The Reducing Child labor project in Gujara Municipality of Rautahat district has been initiated in support of Kindernothilfe (KNH) Germany to reduce child labor and other child rights violations of Gujara Municipality. As Gujara Municipality having overall objective of Strengthening the child rights governance and mechanisms through the collective engagement of communities, CBOs/CSOs and local authorities in Gujara Municipality of Rautahat District. Firstly, the duty bearers were made primary responsible to understand the situation of child rights issues and start discussion on its minimizations, recordings, tracking and responding the child protection and child violations issues. Meanwhile, during the project starting phase, major responsible from the part of local government has been identified as Municipal Level Child Rights Committee (MCRC) with supporting of Ward Level Child Rights Committee (WCRC) has been activated and well-functioning to record and response the child rights issues. In the meantime, project has sensitized the action committee of municipality to prepare action plan and allocate budgets to strengthen the child protection mechanism from community level to municipal level.
Project Objective: To protect and promote child rights by strengthening child rights governance and mechanisms through the collective engagement of communities, CBOs/CSOs and local authorities in Gujara Municipality
Project Duration: July 2023 – June 2028
Funding Partner: Kindernothilfe (KNH) Germany
Technical Partner: Kindernothilfe (KNH) Nepal
Project Areas: Gujara Municipality
- 12 Child clubs has been reactivated and had been working actively at community level.
- 12 parents groups has been established to reach households level to minimize child labors from marginalized communities.
- 3 Youth groups in all wards of Gujara Municipality has been formed and mobilized to empower parents and children’s to reduce child labor.
- Faith Leaders has been engaged by project to empower parents to minimize child marriages and other child rights issues at grass root level.
- Child rights committee and ward level and municipal level has been actively formed and preparing plans towards child protections, monitoring possible child labor areas to minimize child labors.
- 12 parents groups were formed at different marginalized community / clusters of Gujara Municipality to reduce child rights violations and continue towards education.
- 8 minor male survivors of labour trafficking rescued from India.
- 260 Ultra poor, marginalized community school students supported with Educational Materials ( Tracksuits, Shoes, Copies and Pencils)